Sunday, February 7, 2010

My name is


tilly and I am a workaholic.

I left an increasingly excruciating and frustrating 9-5 which I sort of loved. Well, I loved the work, the constant flow of escalations (made even more by the lack of managerial guidance). It was good. But it was enough. I have had enough of fixing up other people's mistakes and having no thanks. Or no sorrys' after the high-ups found out that it wasn't me or my team that made the mistakes. It was a thankless job. Well, most jobs are I suppose and I craved more or nothing at all. I was also ready for the next step but there was no sign of it in the near future.

My last day was Friday, 5th Feb. There were no sad goodbyes. I was no longer Canon 6 months ago and was a short-time employee with Datacom who explicitly said they do not do send-offs. No love lost anywhere. Vivienne was worried what would happen come Monday and Amanda wrote what was she going to do without me since we were the same person (another story for another day).

I do admit that while I was more than happy to take the next step in a new chapter of my life, I am feeling quite some withdrawals. I miss the comfort of a 9-5 job and having no steady income into my bank. I don't like that but I could not stay there anymore. And I have wanted to travel for the longest time and it's now happening. I am scared (finally!) but excited.

One year from now, I don't know where I will be, or who I will be come.

One year ago, I didn't know I would be doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment