Thursday, January 28, 2010

Vox Populi

I feel sick, emanating from my heart.



Tell-tale signs of a broken heart.

I'm trying to ensure that I learn from my previous lessons. I am keeping busy, I am doing what needs to be done, determined not to let this broken organ deter me from the bigger picture.

But, the tears prick my eyelids as I pack and discard my belongings, a quiver lingers in the corners of my smile, and no matter how I try, my voice just can't be lifted any higher from its monotonous state. It hurts and it is nauseous and it sickens and it weeps and it aches and it cracks with every breath I drag in.

So I am doing things, I am looking normal, I am showered and dressed - but make no mistake.

My foolish heart is shattered and the pieces lie heavy in my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment