Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Loren: Choochoo-aaah thoughts.

So while I am in this head space, *spins finger against temple*, I tend to speculate whether there is something else in life that I would be more suited to do, say - a surgeon, since I would be quite humdickitydoodah pleased to slice and poke at people with a scalpel, or - a designer, just because because. Well, okay to state the obvious, it would kill three birds with one sewing machine. It would keep my hands and mind busy, looking at pretty things would give me a happy and....less money spent on clothes when I can make a variation to suit (haha. I have the designer lingo down.) myself.

When I think about designing, and the nitty gritty details that go into a garment, my brain invariably wanders over to the well-known television show, Project Runway. It might just be me, but I wonder whether any of the designers feel a tad miffed every now and then at the challenges that they have to accomplish and the criticism that they get for a garment that they had to design, make with very little resources and even less time. No wonder Santino (second season) blows up at the judges every now and then.

Santino: If Van Gogh had had my personality, he wouldn't have had to cut off his ear.

Ah. heh. I would say that if Van Gogh had my personality, he wouldn't have stopped at cutting off his ear.

Ahem.

Anyway, so from unforgettable Project Runway moments, you invariably think about Heidi Klum's "Auf Weidersehen." to every contestant that they boot off the show. To be honest, when I first started watching the show, I was super clueless to what she was saying. "Erfwethesheern? What is that? Some fashion voodoo curse?!" Yeah, German falls more on Tilly's side than mine. Hein? (Is that german?)

I miss Heidi Klum from her original Victoria's Secret Days, pre-Seal-preggers-Days. All right, so its sweet to see her with Seal and kids, but you have to admit that she ain't as hot as she used to be. Which was why it was a pleasant surprise to see her in Germany's (argh! German again!) Vogue June issue, looking....fabulously glamourous. Yes, double adjectives. 


Who knew that she could still bring it?















(Photographed by Claudia Knoepfel & Stefan Indlekofer for Vogue Germany, June 2009. Photos from http://www.fashionising.com)
I don't remember where I read it from, but I do believe the theme for this shoot was sort of a 'Day in the Life of a Celebrity', getting hounded by paparazzi, gawked at by tourists and people in the street, etc. Were those real tourists taking actual photographs? Cos what's amusing to note is that pictures of the photo shoot was leaked on the internet weeks before the issue was published, so...everyone already knew what it was going to look like, but it still looks awesome to me. I do wish that there has been a better shot of those crazy 12 inch Alexander McQueen thigh high boots, but thanks to the bystanders, here's a real photo of Heidi posing in those boots.

They must make darn good leg weights, but probably not good getaway shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment