Monday, March 9, 2009

Loren: (Another) Unrelated Fashion Post

Do you know that feeling, when you're standing on the edge of something new, something unknown? That sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, while your heart rises into your throat? You can't quite discern whether it is excitement that makes you taste the bile on your tongue, or fear that makes you feel like breathing into a paper bag.

I have that feeling.

And when I have that feeling, I feel the need to shut down the world, to steady my choppy breathing, in order to listen to what my heart says. (I always know what my mind has to say, opinionated thing that it is.) I don't have the heart of a warrior, or even an adventurer. Its a heart that quivers in the face of adventure, deflates when a dear friend hurts (even while the face remains impasse.), its a heart that seeks cover of the darkness rather than to be out in the open where optimism and hope thrive.

Its a weak heart, but its mine all the same. 

Mine to protect, mine to heal, mine to risk, mine to hurt.

I think that's the only thing that is keeping the Loren ship afloat at the moment. The knowledge of choice. The power of choice that only I can make, and no one else. I can choose to turn away, and head back to shallow waters even though I run the risk of beaching(?) myself. 

Or. I can choose to stay the course, and see where it leads me.

Hush world, its time to hear what the heart has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment