Wednesday, March 4, 2009

tilly: Money on a whim

Money and whim do not mix.

For example, I am now on a whim to buy myself a plane ticket and fly to Helsinki.  In an alternate reality, that would be awesome.  It would be taking charge of this short life to do something that is worthwhile.
BUT, I got no cash.  Heck, I didn't even have enough cash for today's lunch, to put gas in the car and to buy toilet paper.  Needless to say, I haven't bought shoes in a while and am heading home more these days to have meals.  Then the mobile phone bill came in today.  $250-fing-dollars.  I haven't even bought any new clothes in the last month.  I head to Borders to read the magazines.  I avoid the malls.  The only luxury expense this month is my 2 CDs.  Oh sigh, there are people alot worse than me.  I should stop complaining.

Back to the point.  Whims and money pretty much go hand in hand.  Well, for me.  I hate to travel cheap.  And I don't like to "invest" money on cheap things.  Yes, I am terribly spoilt and indecent.  (I added indecent because I am.)

And Loren, pls post something so I know you are actually online in some way???

Also, I thought of you (Loren) when I saw this:

No comments:

Post a Comment