Thursday, April 30, 2009

Loren: Of moths and old/new flames

You dont know it, but in less than 24 hours, a Great Event is about to happen. 

Tilly and Miss Yuki will be coming down to Melbourne to hang out with this lowly being, at the same time.

As mentioned before, I live in Melbourne, Tilly in Auckland, and Miss Yuki, a mutual friend of ours, lives back in Singapore. Usually Tilly and I meet up here in Melbourne, and I bump noses with Miss Yuki when I return home for the holidays, very rarely does Tilly venture down to Singapore and since our schedules dont match up, we hardly ever hang out in Singapore, but I think she has met Miss Yuki there, once. ANYWAY, (my brain is too tired to function on a complicated level) this will be the first time that all three of us will be meeting in Melbourne - without loveydovey boyfriends, overbearing parents or disapproving guardians. 

The only thing restraining us will be our bank accounts....and Tilly's inability to stay up late at night, and my inability to wake up early in the morning.

It was meant to be a surprise, Tilly's trip Down Under (I still think dirty when I type that) and the sneaky girl had planned with Miss Yuki to drag me out of the suburbs to stay with them in the city, but due to Father Loren's possible arrival, (and the fact that I probably need notice to pack/plan my wardrobe) the cat had to be let out of the proverbial bag. So once we finished squawking and flapping our feathers, the two of us reached the same point. Very typically female of us, and I am sorry to fulfill such a cliché. 

"WHAT ARE WE GOING TO WEAR?!"

If its just the two of us, its a lot less stressful. After all, we've seen each other in various states of dress and undress (kinda), and putting together outfits for each other is like....having a nice warm bath. Preparing it is second nature, you just slip in naturally and come out surprisingly revived. Okay, not the best of analogies, but you get the gist. 

However with Miss Yuki here, there is a pressure to show this special segment that I like to call, "How Singaporeans Could Dress When Away from the Small Mindedness of the Tiny Island". No need for further explanation.

With a little shoving, and a lot of courage, we will be taking daily outfit shots. Somehow. Maybe I can put a pillowcase over my head. Yes, I think that is what I will be doing.

Still, despite the stress of, "How in the world am I going to be able to pack everything into one small bag and not have my arms drop off from the weight?!" and "Why the heck do I have so much black?! Am I going for some Recon mission that I'm not aware about?!" and of course, "Crap, how do I lose that weight? Right. Carry heavy luggage bag.", I'm looking forward to this, mega-ly. I just hope that its a good trip for them both, and that Melbourne showers them with pleasant surprises of the droolsome kind.

One last squawk.

Eeeeeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment